These are the Yorkshire Financial Awards 2023 winners
They excelled across the 20 categories contested and announced during last night’s Yorkshire Financial Awards 2023 ceremony at New Dock Hall in Leeds.
The big winner of the night was Berry & Oak, the financial planning practice based in Boston Spa, West Yorkshire.
Berry & Oak won Financial Adviser Team of the Year, sponsored by Investec, for focusing “heavily on clients and community”, going “above and beyond” for both “at every opportunity”.
Capping off a fantastic night for the firm, its co-founders, Sarah and Andrew Elson, also won the Outstanding Achievement Award and Financial Adviser of the Year, sponsored by Morningstar, respectively.
Among the other winners were Newcastle Building Society for creating a solution that uses technology to bring back the traditional high street branch, which delivered Innovative Product of the Year.
The abrdn discretionary team in Leeds wowed the judges with its diversity and inclusion work, securing Diversity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year.
The 2023 Director of the Year is Hannah Wynick from Core Financial Paraplanning, who impressed the judges for truly encapsulating the role of director.
Speaking at the ceremony last night, Holly Copsey from the Insurance Institute of Leeds and chair of the independent judging panel that bestowed the awards, said: “The standard of the entries this year has been incredibly high, with submissions demonstrating innovation, inclusivity, staff wellbeing, your commitment to diversity and, crucially, the passion and desire you have to support your customers and clients during the challenging cost-of-living crisis.”
All the winners are listed below. The ceremony was a fantastic evening of networking, socialising and celebrating, with much of the Yorkshire financial services community represented.
We supported five great charities—ANDYSMANCLUB, Big Blue Ocean Cleanup, The Brain Tumour Charity, Leeds North & West Foodbank and DEC Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal—and celebrated just as many years of Yorkshire Financial Awards.
Do share your souvenir snaps from the 360-photo booth on your socials with #YFAwards.
The first batch of official photos—of our brilliant winners—are available to view. Head back to the gallery over the coming days for more snaps from the ceremony.
Thank you to everyone who entered, attended, sponsored, judged, hosted, produced and supported the Yorkshire Financial Awards 2023. Stay tuned for the event video and news of 2024!
- Outstanding Achievement Award: Sarah Elson, Berry & Oak
- Customer Service Team of the Year: Future Life Wealth Management
- Innovative Product of the Year: Newcastle Building Society
- Wealth Manager of the Year, sponsored by Bentley Leeds: Evelyn Partners
- Broker of the Year: Clegg Gifford & Co
- Financial Adviser of the Year, sponsored by Morningstar: Andrew Elson, Berry & Oak
- Lender of the Year: iwoca
- Diversity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year: abrdn Discretionary Leeds Team
- Mortgage Broker of the Year: DNA Financial Solutions
- Investment Team of the Year, sponsored by BWD Search & Selection: Redmayne Bentley
- Insurer of the Year: The Insurance Emporium
- Mortgage Provider of the Year: Ecology Building Society
- Financial Adviser Team of the Year, sponsored by Investec: Berry & Oak
- Accelerator of the Year: Hallam i-Lab
- Outstanding Customer Service Award: NFU Mutual
- FinTech Initiative of the Year, sponsored by KA Watson Consultancy: UOWN
- Employer of the Year: Progeny
- Trainee of the Year: Callum Cole-Needham, Future Life Wealth Management
- Rising Star of the Year: Lottie Kent, True Financial Design
- Director of the Year: Hannah Wynick, Core Financial Paraplanning